These days you’d have to be living under a rock
if you weren’t aware of how much damage we
are doing to our environment. Reducing our
carbon footprint should be something we are at
least thinking about, and where possible taking
regular action to improve.
Can this be done when it comes to our fitness and workout routine? Absolutely!
1. Do more exercise outdoors – by reducing the
use of electrical equipment like treadmills and
venues like gyms that use tons of energy, we are
not only reducing our personal contribution to
energy consumption, we also get the benefits
of fresh air, sunshine and exposure to negative
ions (if we are lucky enough to be coastal) from
2. Use second-hand or eco-friendly workout gear & equipment – Setting yourself up at home with some basic workout equipment doesn’t have to be an expensive ordeal. Check pages like Gumtree, Facebook marketplace and local buy, swap sell groups for second- hand equipment that’s still in good working condition. There are also many eco-friendly companies now that provide excellent quality workout clothes and equipment that have “environment-friendly” as their top values
3. Buy a reusable water bottle – As easy as it is to forget your water bottle and buy a new Mount Franklin every exercise session, just a little effort and investment in a plastic-free one will be better for your health & the environment.
4. Fuel-free commutes – if you live close
enough, why not bike it or jog to your workout
location and use it as your warm up and cool
5. Buy local – find your local farmers market
& get better produce while supporting local
business. As we know, eating unprocessed,
whole foods, mostly plant-based will in and of
itself lessen our carbon footprint.
6. Exercise at home – it’s convenient, private
and difficult to avoid your own lounge room!
Jump on our YouTube channel (go to YouTube.
com and search for Unleash Fit Living) and get
your sweat session done without leaving the
7. Get exercise-social – find a workout buddy,
join an outdoor group fitness challenge, or
jump on a local sports team. That way you’ll
lessen the use of energy of a 24/7 gym and get
the benefit of social interaction.
We’d love to hear from you how you’re greening
your exercise routine!
Have you ever been faced with a challenge that seemed impossible to overcome? No matter how much you tried to fix the problem, there just wasn’t any solutions? Well, life can be like that sometimes. Storms seem to come out of nowhere and all we can do is hope to survive, right? Well what if […]
“What’s happening in your life? What are the things that you’re actively pursuing with your time, energy and resources which aren’t actually going to bring you what it is you really want deep inside?” In today’s world there are many different ways to measure success. One way of measuring success could be, “He who dies […]
7 ways you can turn your exercise routine green. These days you’d have to be living under a rock if you weren’t aware of how much damage we are doing to our environment. Reducing our carbon footprint should be something we are at least thinking about, and where possible taking regular action to improve. Can […]